Willow Wood Play Area - Wilmcote
Ahoy There, Me Hearties!
We've found another great park to share with you.
We are loving exploring all of our local playgrounds. We are so lucky to have such lovely parks in the area to keep our little ones entertained.
This time we visited the park in the village of Wilmcote, just outside Stratford upon Avon.
We've always known that there was a park in the village but had no idea that it was so lovely.
We had a post code that we found after a quick search on Google so found it very easily.
When we arrived, there were a couple of other family in the park but it was in no way busy and there was plenty of room to be able to keep a safe distance.
The name of the park is 'Willow Wood Play Area' which totally gives away the ethos of the playground. All of the park, apart from the swings, is wooden.
The sign on the entrance says that the equipment is best suited to children up to 12 years old. There is equipment that suits all ages.
- Wooden tractor climbing apparatus with slide attached.
- Toddler Swings
- Junior Swings
- Zip Wire
- Big wooden pirate ship wreck with a plank to walk that's on springs, cargo net, climbing net, wobbly bridge, slide and rotating rope.
- Rocking Horse on springs
- High bouncing swings/seesaw
- Picnic table under wooden structure
- Large playing field which is great for a kick around
Things to Watch Out For
- The zip wire is quite high so younger ones might need a hand up
- The high bouncing swings/seesaw are again quite high so they are best suited for slightly older children.
There are no toilets.
There are a couple of benches and a picnic table in the park. The park is in a field so you could take a picnic blanket.
There isn't a lot of parking directly next to the park that we could find. It is just off a residential estate. You can park on the main road and it's about a 5 minute walk from there. Please be mindful of residents and park responsibly if you visit.
My two absolutely loved the park and asked straight away if we can go back again. My youngest loved the tractor and didn't want to leave and my eldest loved pretending to be a pirate on the pirate ship wreck.
Willow Wood Play Area,
The Bovis Triangle,
near Stone Pits Meadow,